Episode 10 – Healthy Snack Recipes
Learn how to make two plant-based healthy snack recipes, one savoury and one sweet, with Physician & Culinary Medicine Expert Dr. Sabrina Falquier. The savoury snack being made during this podcast is popcorn and the sweeter snack is chocolate bark. You can join along in your kitchen or simply listen and save this episode for another time when you’re ready to make these guilt-free snacks.
- Air popped popcorn or microwave popcorn. You’ll need ½ cup dried kernels and a paper bag (like a lunch paper bag) if you’re popping the popcorn in a microwave, or 1 store-bought bag of plain popcorn.
- 1 ½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Tajin (which is a Mexican spice) or Chili powder
- Lemon or lime rind (optional)
Chocolate Bark Ingredients
- 1 – 10 oz. bag chocolate chips or a 2 – 4 oz. bar of dark chocolate (total about 2 cups chopped, before melting), cut into rough 1/4-1/2 inch pieces. If you want this to be vegan, make sure you are using vegan chocolate.
- Toppings of your choice. Some suggestions;
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice (dark cherries, apricots), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup nuts of your choice (pecans, walnuts), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- Fresh berries of your choice like blueberries or raspberries which are lower sugar fruits