Curious about what plant-based eating is all about? Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or a meat eater interested in integrating more plant-based foods into your diet, there’s no question that plant-based has gone mainstream. But it’s more than just fruits and vegetables. A plant-based diet can include nuts, seeds, oils, whole grains, legumes and beans also. And it is not synonymous with being a vegan. Technically, a plant-based diet contains proportionately more foods from plant sources.
Episode 2 – Plant Based Meat Alternatives: Healthy or not?
Listen to “Plant Based Meat Alternatives” on Spreaker.
We’re back with Fay and Ashley discussing plant based meat alternatives. We discuss ingredients of plant based burgers and whether the store-bought varieties are a healthy option.
Episode 1 – Plant Based Eating: What is it and how to start?
Listen to “Plant Based Eating: What is it and how to start?” on Spreaker.
The stories and health struggles of Fay Knights and Ashley Swanson MPH, RDN, LDN are revealed in the podcast. After consulting with healthcare professionals and doing their own research on plant-based eating, they each decided to incorporate more plant-based foods into their diet and achieved positive results.
What you’ll hear:
- Fay’s story: Her mitochondrial disorder and why she changed to a more plant-based diet
- Ashley’s story: Her struggles with GI issues in her youth and being raised on an Indiana cattle farm, becoming a dietician but only later learning how to use food to heal herself
- How Fay and Ashley educated themselves
- How long did it take to start to see results?
- The good and the bad when introducing plant-based foods
- Is plant-based eating expensive?
- Kids and plant-based eating
- Food as medicine
- Baby steps to plant-based eating